In order to use Office 365 App Password in your BillQuick email settings, you need to first set it up in your Microsoft account.
Generating App Password for Office 365
To generate App Password, follow these steps:
- Go to https://mysignins.microsoft.com/security-info and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- On the Security Info screen, click +Add sign-in method.
- On the Add a method dialog, select App password from the drop-down and click Add.
- On the App password dialog, enter a password name (say BillQuick Email) and click Next. The App Password is created successfully and displayed on-screen.
- Copy the created password and save it somewhere secure. You can now use it in BillQuick email settings.
Using the App Password in BillQuick
You need to follow the below steps in order to use App Password in BillQuick:
- Go to Email Settings in Global Settings or User Preferences.
- Select the options Use SSL and SMTP Server Requires Authentication. Additionally, enter the below information:
- SMTP Server: smtp.office365.com
- Your Name: <Enter the account name>
- Email From: <Enter your email address>
- Username: <Enter your email address>
- Password: <Enter the App Password that you created above>
- Port: 587
- Auth Type: Basic
- Save the changes.
You are now ready to use your Office 365 email account to send out emails from BillQuick.