User is unable to log in through the BillQuick Mobile app after installing Web Suite.
This can happen if you use an incorrect username or password, but if that is not the case, it can be an issue with the web configuration of Web Suite. To resolve that, follow these steps:
- Open Notepad as an administrator (Right-click > Run as administrator).
- Select File > Open. Now browse to the directory where you have Web Suite installed and from there, open the bqoapi2 folder. The default directory for Web Suite is C:\Program Files (x86)\BillQuick Web Suite 20XX\. Also, change the file type drop-down in the lower right corner to All Files.
- Open one of the following files, depending on the SSL configuration used by your server:
a. web.txt – Your domain only allows unsecured connections (HTTP).
b. webSSL.txt – Your domain only allows secure connections (HTTPS).
c. webSSLAndRegular.txt – Your domain allows a mix of secured and non-secured connections.
- After opening the relevant file, copy its contents and close Notepad.
- Repeat steps 1-2 and this time, open the web.config file.
- Save a copy of the file by clicking File > Save As. You should save it with a name that is easy to remember e.g., web.config.backup.
- After saving the backup, replace the contents of the original file by pasting what you copied in step 4 and clicking File > Save.
- Confirm that you can access the BillQuick Mobile Service on your domain URL by going to:
It should download a getversion file. If you are using unsecured connections to your domain’s server, use:
- Now try logging in to BillQuick Mobile. You should be able to log in successfully.