#1: User gets an Object Reference error in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice while entering time.
This can be because of a momentary problem with something in the memory on the server.
If you get an Object Reference error while entering time, here is what to do:
1. Change the timeout session on your IIS from 20 minutes to 2 hours. Check the KB article for details.
2. Find the shortcut in the Start menu for the Command Prompt. Right-click on it and choose 'Run as Administrator'.
3. At the prompt type: IISRESET.
4. Launch the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and log in. Right-click on the server itself at the top of the tree and select Restart.
#2: User gets an Object Reference error in ArchiOffice anywhere and at any time.
The database is too large so the server is not loading screen contents completely into the memory.
If you get an Object Reference error generally while using ArchiOffice, here is what to do:
1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\BQE Software\ArchiOffice 20xx\public folder.
2. Open the web.config file in a text editor.
3. Find the following two lines near the bottom of the file:
4. Increase the value in each statement from whatever it currently is to 5000.
5. Save the changes and exit.
6. Reset the IIS by opening a Command Prompt and typing 'IISRESET'.
Note: If this does not correct the issue, continue increasing the value in the two statements mentioned above, until the problem goes away.
#3: User gets an Object Reference error in ArchiOffice when invoicing or viewing an existing invoice.
This could be because old data exists in the ASP.NET cache and must be cleared out.
If you get an Object Reference error while creating invoices or viewing existing invoices, here is what to do:
1. On the server, go to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET folder.
2. Delete the entire contents of this folder.
3. On the client machine, clear the web browser cache.
4. Reopen ArchiOffice and attempt to create or view an invoice. You should be able to do so.
Note: If you are using Google Chrome and have the browser extension Adobe Acrobat: PDF Edit, convert, sign tools installed, it can also cause the Object Reference error when working with invoices. ArchiOffice is not compatible with this extension at present and you must disable or remove it to prevent the Object Reference error from occurring.