To restrict available activities, expenses and employees for a project in BillQuick, you can set up and apply project control. This is especially useful if you want to show up specific activities in the time entry screens.
To set up project control in BillQuick:
1. Open the Project screen and select the desired project.
2. Go to its Assign tab. If this is not visible, enable it from the User Preferences-Options screen. Else, you can directly open the Project Control screen from the Project menu.
3. Select the Activity radio button.
4. Now select the desired activities from the Available Items list on the left and click the > button to move them to the Assigned Items list on the right. Click < to remove items from this list, if needed.
5. Note that the Billable status of activity codes can also be changed here to override what is set in the Activity Codes screen. For example, on this project a normally billable activity can be set to non-billable and vice-versa.
6. Similarly, restrict the expense items or employees for the selected project.
7. Save these settings.
8. Enter time in any time entry screen, say Simple Time Card. You will see a restricted list of activity codes in the dropdown list.