Yes, ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice is accessible via the web - from any computer. Your main office can host the ArchiOffice server while other remote offices (client) can have access to it. As ArchiOffice has features that allow it to manage documents, these can be stored on any computer (in either office or on the cloud). However, to have access to those documents you need to have access to that drive. For that, each office should define a drive on their local area network to store all the project documents.
Articles in this section
- Configuring OAuth for emails in ArchiOffice/EngineerOffice
- What is the impact of the Apache Log4j vulnerability (CVE-2021-44228) on ArchiOffice?
- How to set up ArchiOffice email using Office 365?
- Error: 554 5.2.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception
- 451 4.4.4 Temporary server error
- Error: 452 4.5.3 Too many recipients
- Issue with Google Chrome browser version 45.0.2454.85
- Error in ArchiOffice: User not recognized
- Turning off patch update messages in ArchiOffice
- Connection to archive/restore service could not be established