In Web Suite, when a user tries to run a report with parameters (such as the Time & Expense w/Custom Ordering report), the user encounters an issue with the Parameters window not loading or constantly looping with the message:
Redirecting to Export. Please Wait!
This happens because Web Suite expects a folder with a name similar to your current .NET framework version to be present under the IIS folder:
For example, if your current .NET framework version is v4.8.04084, your IIS folder structure must contain the folder:
Web Suite expects this folder to contain the report viewer files needed to display the Parameters window properly. Even though you may have other folders named after different .NET framework versions here, Web Suite expects it to be a folder named after the currently installed version. This is why you might usually encounter this issue after a Windows update, which installs the most recent aspnet_client files on the web server. To resolve this issue, you need to create a copy of the existing folder here (say 4_0_30319) and rename it to your currently installed .NET Framework version. To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the IIS folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web under the web site linked to your Web Suite installation. You can do that from your IIS Manager by right-clicking this folder and clicking Explore.
- Create a copy of the default folder there, the one with the highest numbering (say 4_0_30319).
- Rename the copy with your currently installed .NET Framework version (say 4_8_4084).
The Parameters window should now load correctly.
To know which .NET Framework version is currently installed on your web server, check out this article. Alternatively, you can follow the below steps in Web Suite:
- In the Report Center, select a report with parameters (say Time & Expense w/Custom Ordering).
- Click Export > Legacy Viewer to open the Parameters window.
- Right-click a blank space in the window and select View Page Source.
- Press Ctrl + F and type system_web.
- The name of the currently installed version (and thus the folder name that you have to use) is displayed in the strings like:
In case you tried the above procedure but it still did not fix the issue with the Parameters window, you can try the alternative method below:
- Open IIS Manager.
- Right-click WS20xx in the left panel and select Add Virtual Directory from the drop-down. You can also do this on the Default Web Site and the websites under it automatically inherit the virtual directory.
- Enter the Alias as aspnet_client and point the Physical path to:
The issue should now be resolved.