After updating to the latest version of Java 8 (8u351), ArchiOffice user is unable to open project documents and cannot sync data with Microsoft Outlook and QuickBooks. User gets an error when trying to launch the Sync Helper App:
'Unable to run, app is blocked.'
This is happening because the latest version of Java 8 (8u351) is not supported yet for using the Java-dependent features in ArchiOffice. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Uninstall all versions of Java and Java Development Kit from your computer.
- Install Java version 8u321 using this link.
- Go to the Control Panel and click the Java icon.
- On the General tab, click Network Settings.
- On the Network Settings dialog, select Direct connection and then click OK.
- Now go to Temporary Internet Files > Settings and click Delete Files.
- On the Delete Files and Applications dialog, check all the three items and then click OK.
- Next, go to the Update tab (if present) and uncheck the option Check for Updates Automatically.
- Click Do Not Check on the warning prompt.
- Now go to the Security tab and set the radio button selection to the lowest setting available, which should be High.
- Next, click Edit Site List and then click Add.
- On the Exception Site List dialog, enter the base address that you use to access ArchiOffice in the blank line that appears. This would be the part of the address before "/AO202x". In the below example, it is http://192.168.1.101:
- Click Continue on the warning prompt that appears.
- Finally, go to the Advanced tab, scroll down to find the Mixed code section, and then select Disable verification.
- Click Apply and then click OK.